Yesterday was tinged with weariness.....and tomorrow is shadowed by unknowns.....But I am learning (slowly) that Jesus' power and grace are most abundant in the present moment. And I am trying to slow my pace and stay back with Him. So right now, here's what I'm thankful for:
1. After a run through Central Park and strolling about the upper west side today, I finally have some sun-kissed skin to declare that winter is officially OVER!
2. A beautiful, relaxing evening with a good friend (and roommate!): walk to the park, followed by a wine tasting at the store down the street, and a chilled white- to mark the arrival of spring- shared over leftovers and good conversation at our kitchen table.....plus a little Under the Tuscan Sun to round the evening out.
3. Interviewing for a volunteer opportunity I've been interested in for months....and dreaming about the future, learning to hush my worries and let myself feel hopeful...
4. That above it all, and over it all, and in it all.....is a God who is FOR US....and from whose love we cannot be separated....neither by death nor life, angels nor demons, the present nor the future, nor any power in all creation. (!)
Now that's what I call a good Saturday.
Mmm! Delightful. I like the "letting yourself feel hopeful." A good Saturday indeed. I always feel like NYC gets a little better in spring/summer. It brightens up a bit.
ReplyDelete